Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Long Versus the Short, part 2

Well, after a five month period in which I tried to let my blog die of neglect, I have returned. I suppose, under normal circumstances, the previous long versus short point that I no longer remember the point of would have long since expired, but in a way, it's also still very applicable.

I mentioned at the end of my last post that I would weigh in on my point of view when it comes to long-term projects. Well, my point of view right now is THEY'RE A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF WORK. However, five months down the road, I'm happy to say my current pet project, Skybound, is still quite alive and kicking....
Though kicking very slowly due to the sheer volume of work that needs to be done. And the woeful reality that, alas, I am but one man.

But hey! Could be worse.... I could've given up or something.

As it stands, the story is still being written (and has already been through a few false starts and incomplete drafts) and has a fair bit of preproduction art behind it...
At least for the main character, anyway...

Obviously, there's still some.... inconsistencies... That need to be nailed firmly into place, but she is what she is for now. 

In any case that's just one drop in the enormous bucket of Things-That-Must-Be-Done before I can even think about the Things-I-Want-To-Start-Doing, which is actually DRAWING THE DAMN BOOKS. The short list being designing the remaining central characters, the world, and the ubiquitous sky-ships, to name a few.

Anyway, here's to a renewed attempt at maintaining a regular webbernet presence.




No comments:

Post a Comment